Scenes From A Paris Market – A Travel Photo Essay.

By Posted in - Big Trip & currentphotoessay & Europe & Featured Post & France & Paris & Photography Posts & Photos & travel photos on April 4th, 2011 Paris-cafe-smallerforBnB

[google1]

“I love Paris because my love is near.” – Ella Fitzgerald

I went to Paris & I fell in love.

Really I wasn’t expecting it. I had no real urge to go to Paris and we just decided to include it as a 3 day stop over from London to Venice. We ended up staying a week and still didn’t want to leave.

The light was unbelievable – it bounced off all the buildings, statues and people in just the right way. Everything looks better in Paris, everything. Another great thing about Paris is the markets. They seem to have markets everywhere and they are all fantastic. They sell everything from scarves & trinkets to the most amazing types of cheese & bread. The first day we were there we ended up randomly going to the market where Picasso used to get his fruit – How cool is that??!?

One day I took some photos as we strolled through a market in the Latin Quarter. The entire time I remember being in awe and just wanting to never leave. The wine, the accents, the girls gossiping in beautiful clothes, the cute boys selling cheese – such a feeling of ease and grace encompasses everything in Paris and the markets are no exception. I even saw a bride about to get married at a church on the middle of the market street.

There was something so peaceful, exhilarating & romantic about Paris, I just fell completely head over heels. I can’t wait to go back.

I hope you like the photos and I hope for just a few minutes you feel transported to the amazing city of light.

Paris cafe smallerforBnB 1024x852 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Crab at Paris Market smallerforBnB 1024x657 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Red Berries at a Paris Market smallerforBnB 791x1024 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay Blackberries at a Paris Market smallerforBnB 890x1024 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Girl watering her plants in Paris smallerforBnB 887x1024 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Paris cafe light smallerforBnB 1024x761 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Bride in Paris smallerforBnb 1024x879 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Fruit market vendor in Paris smallerforBnB 805x1024 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay Paris market smallerforBnB 680x1024 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Ordering lunch at a Paris cafe smallerforBnB 1024x818 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Paris Cafe interior smallerforBnB 1024x813 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Paris Capuccino smallerforBnB 973x1024 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Shopping at a Paris market smallerforBnB 1024x680 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Walking thru a Paris Market smallerforBnB1 795x1024 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay Couple getting married in Paris smallerforBnB1 709x1024 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Paris Street Photos smallerforBnB 1024x878 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Strawberries at a Paris Market in France Smaller 1024x671 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Street Photos of Paris smallerforBnB 935x1024 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay Grafitti at a Paris Market smallerforBnB1 928x1024 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Fountain in Paris SmallerforBnB 1024x723 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Roses in Paris smallerforBnB 1024x680 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Man walking in a Paris Market smallerforBnb 1024x680 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

PIgeon in Paris smallerforBnB NB 1024x680 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

Paris wine smallerforBnB 857x1024 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay Berries at a Paris Market smallerforBnB 867x1024 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

*Please remember all photos on this website, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted and property of BeersandBeans.com, NarikosNest.com & Bethany Salvon. Please do not use them without my permission. If you want to use one of them please contact me first because I do love to share and I would be flattered. Thanks!

Like Our Post? Subscribe by email and get new posts delivered straight to your inbox!

Or add us to your favorite feed reader by clicking the orange icon! feed icon32x32 Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay
pixel Scenes From A Paris Market   A Travel Photo Essay

(94) awesome folk have had something to say...

• Adventurous Kate - Reply

April 4, 2011 at 3:54 am

Beth, this post nearly brought me to tears. You captured the beauty of my favorite city SO well, and I miss it SO much!!!

April 4, 2011 at 6:54 am

Thank you for that wonderful comment Kate! I miss it too! Can’t wait to go back…@Adventurous Kate,

• Shannon O’Donnell - Reply

April 4, 2011 at 4:02 am

Wow Beth, these photos are stunning. After scrolling through I really feel like I could have just spent a day wandering the sunlit streets of Paris.

April 4, 2011 at 7:00 am

Thank you so much Shannon – that’s exactly what I was trying to do – convey the light, simplicity and beauty of it. :) @Shannon O’Donnell,

• Christy @ Ordinary Traveler - Reply

April 4, 2011 at 7:26 am

Great photos! I especially love the top one. Cafes in Europe make some of the best photos, don’t they?!

• Nico - Reply

April 4, 2011 at 7:29 am

Is that what they mean when they say Paris is the City of Light? Photographic light? I totally agree with the above comments, these are fantastic. You’re skill handling depth of field is something I only dream about.

Thanks for bringing me back to Paris this morning, Bethany!

April 4, 2011 at 9:30 am

That you so much Nico – you’re comments are always so flattering – they put me on cloud 9.:)@Nico,

April 4, 2011 at 10:41 am

Oh about the city of light – I don’t know but I’ve visiting – I think that must be it. I have never seen a place with such amazing light.@Nico,

• Eurotrip TIps - Reply

April 4, 2011 at 8:34 am

J’adore!
    Especially the first one. I love your photos!

April 4, 2011 at 9:31 am

Thank you so much. I love the first one too. How are things just so effortlessly beautiful in Paris? @Eurotrip TIps,

• Debbie Beardsley - Reply

April 4, 2011 at 8:51 am

You had me at the first photograph! Beautiful pictures of an amazing city. I too just love wandering Paris! Well done.

• Chris - Reply

April 4, 2011 at 10:49 am

I don’t think anybody can deny you sure know how to take a picture. Beautiful shots.

April 4, 2011 at 11:10 am

Thanks Chris :) I’m glad you like the photos. @Chris,

• sarah wu - Reply

April 4, 2011 at 11:32 am

These are such beautiful photos. Especially that retro lomo color you used on them makes it even more beautiful. A lot people say Paris is a romantic place, I can feel it just by looking at your photos. Definitely a great place to visit with your love one.

• bethany - Reply

April 4, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Thanks Sarah – I’m glad you like them! I didn’t actually use a retro lomo color on them. Most of them are pretty much as is – in terms of color, I had to desaturate some of them a bit because the colors were very vibrant (like the berries) but just a touch. :)

@sarah wu,

April 4, 2011 at 1:28 pm

The only ones I really changed were the cafe, the flowers & the bird where I put a bit of vintage, sepia look to them. @sarah wu,

• Lindsay aka @_thetraveller_ - Reply

April 4, 2011 at 11:37 am

Beans ! These are fantastic! And I love that you love Paris so much. It’s such a great feeling to have a love affair with a city. Mostly because you don’t feel dirty after like other love affairs (buha! kidding) Anywhoo, hearing so much great things about Paris I may actually need to go there!

• Rebecca - Reply

April 4, 2011 at 1:37 pm

fantastic photos! I just left Paris, I too was in awe! and Never wanted to leave. I had 4 days there and believe i needed atleast – minimum a week!

Your photos and description sum up Paris nicely!

April 4, 2011 at 3:53 pm

It’s a hard place to leave that’s for sure. I really want to move there and just hang out there for like 6 months straight. @Rebecca,

• Angela - Reply

April 4, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Gorgeous photos, you captured the spirit of Paris very well, you made me miss it!

April 4, 2011 at 4:05 pm

I love it so much. I think if I could bathe in the spirit of Paris I would. hahahah@Angela,

• Alouise - Reply

April 4, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Beautiful photos. Seeing these makes me want to take the next flight to Paris.

April 4, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Glad you like them Alouise – I want to as well jump on that flight with you. :)@Alouise,

• Kim - Reply

April 4, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Oh, my heart just melted. I also fell in love with Paris and I can’t wait to return. My husband and I are leaving to travel the world in 2012 and Paris is one of the only places that we’ll be RETURNING to. We can’t get enough of that beautiful city. Thank you for the photos.

April 4, 2011 at 8:48 pm

was is it about it? I can’t even put my finger on it. It’s just everything is full of life and beauty in that city. It permeates everything.Have fun when you go back! Are you going to anywhere in particular? @Kim,

• Andreas - Reply

April 4, 2011 at 8:40 pm

It looks like you had a great time! Your photos are amazing! I love the one of the pigeon!

• Zablon - Reply

April 5, 2011 at 12:21 am

the photos you took are great

• Christine - Reply

April 5, 2011 at 1:17 am

Amazing photos, Beth! You captured the Paris I know and love so well–the wedding photo is fabulous!

April 5, 2011 at 6:17 am

Thanks Christine! i actually really love that photo too! I wanted to make it bigger but it was vertical and didn’t flow but it looks great larger too. :)@Christine,

• Tonya - Reply

April 5, 2011 at 2:53 am

Wow, really beautiful photos! I think its amazing when someone can really capture the feeling of a place, and you have certainly done that! :)

• Globetrottergirls - Reply

April 5, 2011 at 4:42 am

You captured Paris so well!! Love all these photos.

• Akila - Reply

April 5, 2011 at 6:40 am

Love these photographs. Absolutely beautiful captures of that market – love the fruit, especially.

• Lauren - Reply

April 6, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Beautiful photos! I’ve never been to Paris before, but these photos REALLY make me want to go!!! :D

April 6, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Thanks Lauren – it is so beautiful there – if you go, i’m sure you’ll fall for it! @Lauren,

• Ian [EagerExistence] - Reply

April 6, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Love the photos. Bugger, makes me want to pack my DSLR now!

• Nomadic Chick - Reply

April 8, 2011 at 9:00 am

Please, please tell me you are shooting for a hip, urban magazine as I write this comment.

Woman, you are SOOOO talented. Your art leaves me breathless, wanting more!

Never stop shooting, or I’ll shoot you, understand? :)

April 8, 2011 at 10:11 am

Jeannie, Seriously you are awesome. That was such an amazing compliment and coming at a great time – right when I needed it – so Thank you! No, not shooting for a hip magazine – but I would love to! Perhaps I should start pitching? Thanks for the ego boost. :) @Nomadic Chick,

• Ken Kaminesky - Reply

April 8, 2011 at 11:09 am

Love, love, love these photos!! Did I mention that I love the photos? ;)

April 8, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Thank you Ken!

Compliments are always great but compliments from other photographers I admire are fantastic! Thank you :)
      @Ken Kaminesky,

• Brenda - Reply

April 8, 2011 at 12:29 pm

You are an incredibly talented and versatile photographer. I am so knocked out by these photos. I shared them on FB and Twitter and signed up on the feed. I do an awful lot of looking at other people’s photos and travel blogs. (I am an amateur photographer and have a lot to learn.) For some reason, this photo essay made me ask myself, “When am I going to stop being and armchair traveler, get off my butt and see some of these places myself?”

April 8, 2011 at 1:08 pm

My job is done. If my photos made you want to go out and see the world then I feel like I have really accomplished something. If you love these photos, I can guarantee you that you will not be disappointed in Paris. It’s waiting for you. Thanks for commenting, sharing and signing up for the feed. Welcome to Beers and Beans! I have more photo essays coming that hopefully you’ll love. :)@Brenda,

• Sophie - Reply

April 8, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Excellent photos! You’ve captured Paris very well. I especially like the bird in flight. And all the faces :)

• […] is always impressive, but this photo essay about exploring a Parisian market is simply stunning. Scenes from a Paris Market: A Travel Photo Essay Share […]

• Jenna - Reply

April 9, 2011 at 7:36 am

I loved this. I agree with Nomadic Chick– you are seriously talented and have a great urban, hip sensibility. I’m looking forward to seeing more!

April 9, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Thank you Jenna so much for your compliments! I’m glad you liked the photos. :) @Jenna,

• Andrea - Reply

April 9, 2011 at 10:20 am

I really miss Paris and these photos remind me of why! The markets there are so wonderful and there is always so much happening and so much diversity in the city.

April 9, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I know – the markets are amazing! There is so much going on and everything is just so paris! It’s like everything you’ve imagined before. I love it! @Andrea,

• […] Photo Essay: Scenes from a Paris market – Beer and Beans […]

• Manyu - Reply

April 11, 2011 at 12:44 pm

WOW! Your photos are out of this world! Amazing job!

• Mara - Reply

April 11, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Love! Love! Paris is absolutely my happy place, my I-would-move-there-tomorrow-with-no-regrets place. Thank you so much for making my day with your gorgeous pictures. I know I’ll come back to this post when I’m feeling low.

April 11, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I could move there tomorrow too w/out any regrets. Loved it there! Feel free to visit the photos anytime. :) @Mara,

• Joya - Reply

April 17, 2011 at 8:40 pm

These photos capture it all so beautifully and I can’t wait to go back to Paris just to visit a market. Thank you for sharing!

April 18, 2011 at 5:59 am

Thank you Joya! I can’t wait to go back either. Strolling around the markets has to be one of my favorite travel memories thus far. @Joya,

• Fresh From Twitter - Reply

April 24, 2011 at 3:27 pm

[…] #travel #photo want to travel a lot this summer .. Scenes From A #Paris Market : Travel Photo Essay http://bit.ly/eNLXQi #photography RT @CHRISrules_: Travel the world with me? Raj women travel to other states for sex […]

• Raymond - Reply

May 2, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I love that shot of the old lady. I think it’s the same one with the cell phone in that Charlie Chaplin movie… :)

May 3, 2011 at 11:26 am

You’re an interesting fellow Raymond! So I had to google Charlie Chaplin cell phone movie to see what you were talking about. Very interesting find indeed. :) I hate to be the bearer of bad news but they think it’s a hearing aid device. I like the idea of time travel better so let’s just stick with that. :) Glad the photo reminds you of something interesting – it’s one of my favorites too. I only wish the guy in the background traded spots w/ his wife, then it would be all women of varying ages. oh well. :)
      @Raymond,

• Jack – eyeflare travel - Reply

May 8, 2011 at 7:20 am

Great photography. Got to love paris, and you’ve captured a market day excellently. Thanks for showing them.

May 8, 2011 at 9:57 am

Thanks for commenting Jack. Yep, I think the markets in Paris are just perfect! I checked out your blog as well and subscribed to your feed. :) Thanks for reading! @Jack – eyeflare travel,

• Sonya - Reply

May 16, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Paris, bestill my heart indeed. Stunning photo essay, love love love it!

May 19, 2011 at 7:55 am

Thank you Sonya – I’m so glad you like them :) @Sonya,

• Dina - Reply

May 20, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Wow Beth, amazing shots in Paris! I love your photography technique, not only capturing events and object, but mood and emotions!

May 21, 2011 at 10:28 am

@Dina, oh thank you so much! That is such a compliment because that is what I aim to do. Glad you like them Dina :)

• Liv - Reply

May 26, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Bethany Your photos are wonderful & really show Paris at it’s elegant best. They make me want to get there as soon as possible!

May 30, 2011 at 9:12 am

Thanks Liv! I’ve been daydreaming about going back. :)@Liv,

• […] are also amazing and at around $3 – you can’t go wrong! Also be sure to check out our photo post on Paris Markets if you want to see more […]

• Backpacker - Reply

July 13, 2011 at 2:14 am

You really captured Paris on these Photos! I love the one with the greengrocer-guy smiling to the camera ;)

July 13, 2011 at 7:40 am

Thank you so much for commenting. :) I’m glad you liked them! @Backpacker,

• Torre – Fearful Adventurer - Reply

July 21, 2011 at 3:07 am

These photos are indeed stunning. I want to eat them.

• Natalie T. - Reply

August 21, 2011 at 2:50 am

I cannot believe I did not know about your blog before! I found it from Almost Fearless promoting your photography e-book (which I’m going to buy…and I don’t usually buy e-books!). Paris is my favourite city and I love markets, so yes, I’m quickly becoming a fan (don’t even get me started about your Icelandic photo essay). My favourite photo in this series is the one of the coffee cup. It’s so simple but you captured it perfectly. Le Love!

August 23, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Thanks Natalie – I can tell from reading your comments that you really have an eye for detail! So glad you want to buy the ebook too! I really hope you get a lot from it. I put a lot of work into it. :) – Beth@Natalie T.,

• Mike @ renewable energy information - Reply

October 14, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Beautiful city. I don’t have the funds for it right now, but really hope to be able to visit there one way. I know the plane tickets and Hotel costs aren’t cheap, but what about everything else?

• Gone Traveling. - Reply

January 26, 2012 at 8:11 am

I just love sitting in one of those cafes and chewing on duck whilst guzzling down some local beer!

• Katherine | Kapcha The World - Reply

August 21, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Wow – stunning photos Beth. Absolutely amazing. I long to sit in the cafes of Paris watching the world go by again.

• Katie - Reply

November 10, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Those pictures are incredible. Beyond incredible. I wish I had them in a coffee table book!

• TravelingPanties - Reply

November 10, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Your pictures inspired me to take a photography class before my next trip to Paris. Stunning. Jealous of your talent. My pics never seem to turn out like this no matter how hard I work.

• Cassie - Reply

December 22, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Gorgeous photos, capturing all the little things!

• […] Landlopers, this photo essay from Beth and Randy of Beer and Beans has beautiful images of “scenes from a Paris market.”  All this teasing…I can hardly stand […]

• sonya - Reply

April 23, 2013 at 4:47 pm

just found your blog and these lovely photos! I love the parisian markets too (and grabbed a couple of photos myself http://andmorefood.wordpress.com/2012/11/07/marche-daligre-paris/). can’t wait for when I get to go back!

• Digital Nomads - Reply

May 31, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Impressive photo collection, really impressed! We are in France now and would take advantage of this great country.

Please leave a Comment...